Starting April 1st we will be starting to reopen. We are excited to be welcoming people back to the centre to enjoy the water again. The activities on offer will be open water swimming, sit on kayaks and paddleboards.
The centre will be open 7 days a week & you can find our timetable of activities by clicking here
This Latest lockdown has been a tough one and we're really looking forward to welcoming everyone back whose visited before & also to see all the new faces of people who've recently found the joys of outdoor watersports.
To make sure everyone can enjoy the water safely we have new procedures for visitors to the centre. you can find these below.
For now numbers on sessions are limited so to have the best chance of visiting on the day of your choice, book now.
Keeping you safe
- Due to current health & safety we have no changing facilities, Cafe or toilets open.
- Please ensure you abide by the 2m social distancing rule on the centre and in the water space. We will have a one-way entry and exit point in and around the centre. Avoid using the ladders, use pontoons only.
- Be sensible, follow the government guidance. We expect users to apply these rules thoroughly.
- We are limiting numbers on site at any one time and we will have staff present to supervise the customers.
- We will not handle any of your valuables, we will have a valuables container you can put keys and phones in if you wish but this will be at your own risk.
- Only experienced open water swimmers are allowed on the lifeguarded sessions.
- Please do not visit if you have any of the coronavirus symptoms.
- Please ensure you follow the signage on the centre.
- Hand sanitiser will be available around the centre for customers and staff to wash their hands before and after activities and throughout the day.
- Staff will clean equipment between sessions
- Non-contact Rescues will be performed by staff as and when required using appropriate methods laid down by the governing bodies. Emergency Procedures still apply for an unconscious casualty.
- Staff will follow the safe operating procedures and risk assessments for each activity from our AALS licence with added coronavirus precautions. Also, daily the staff will continue to use dynamic risk assessments.
- Should we need too, we will change the rules at any time. Please be sensible, think of others and stay alert. Please only come along in your household group, do not arrange to meet others. Always stay alert and respect the 2m distance during your visit. The café & toilet facilities will not be open.
Initial activities include Open Water Swimming, Stand Up Paddleboard and sit on top kayak hire.